Apply for support
Our Placement Scheme offers support to OOC DTP students who have secured a placement with an external organisation. To apply for this support, you will need to:
- Talk to your supervisor about the opportunity - they will need to approve any time away from your studies.
- Let the OOC DTP team know that you have been offered a placement via an established scheme or that an organisation has agreed to host you on a placement. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit an application for a placement extension and/or associated expenses. Make sure you use the correct application form.
- If approved by the DTP, complete your university's requirements for a placement;
- Submit feedback and a report within one month of completing your placement.
Any questions? Get in touch with the OOC DTP team on email@example.com.
It can take up to three months to put all of the approvals in place for a placement, so plan ahead and apply early.
Applications will be considered on a termly basis at the following deadlines:
- 5 December 2022
- 27 February 2023
- 5 June 2023
If you have been offered a placement via an established scheme, please use our 'Placement Support' form. If you are developing a bespoke placement project, please use our 'Placement Project Plan' form.
OOC DTP Placement Support Form OOC DTP Project Placement Plan
To help you complete your placement project plan, the following anonymised sample application forms may be of use:
Example Placement Project Plan 1 Example Placement Project Plan 2