Travel expenses for DTP training
As an Open-Oxford-Cambridge AHRC DTP award holder you may reclaim travel expenses incurred as a result of attending DTP training events, e.g. Cohort Days organised as part of the DTP's foundations training.
- The DTP expects you to use the best value for money method of travel, e.g. the X5 bus, which travels between all three universities;
- You are expected to take any DTP-organised transport option where it is available to you, e.g. a coach from your home institution, unless you seek permission in advance to travel independently;
- You cannot claim expenses for travelling to an event held at your home university;
- Expenses will only be covered by the DTP if attendance is registered at the event for which costs are being claimed.
- Please notify us if you intend to submit a claim for travel expenses. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your name, institution, details of the event and the expected/actual travel cost you will be requesting.
Claiming travel expenses
All claims must be submitted to your home institution and should follow your university's procedures for expenses. Please submit expense claims promptly, and reference 'OOC DTP CDF' on your expense claim form, as well as the name, date and location of the training. Institution-specific guidance on how to claim expenses is given below.
Please claim expenses using the OU's TSE (travel and subsistence expense) claim system. The link is available on the OU intranet.
You will need to forward a signed copy of the claim form together with original itemised receipts to your School support team for checking, after which it will be sent by the School support team to the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences Senior Manager (Research and Scholarship), for authorisation.
- credit card slips are not considered sufficient evidence of an expense
- if it's just mileage then no receipts are required
The University of Oxford travel expense policy and application form is available for download on its website.
Please complete and submit your form with original itemised receipts to the AHRC Administrator, Humanities Divisional Office, University of Oxford, Radcliffe Humanities, Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, Oxford, OX2 6GG.
Please see the Cambridge Student Fees and Funding team's guidance on how OOC DTP students at Cambridge are able to claim expenses. There is an application form that you will need to complete and submit for authorisation by the AHRC Scholarships Administrator in the Student Funding Team.
Any questions, please contact AHRC Scholarships Administrator, Student Funding Team, Student Services Centre, New Museums Site, Cambridge, CB2 3PT (Research.Council.Funding@admin.cam.ac.uk).